Configuring SATAID version 3.1 for accurate calculation of cloud top height above 150 hPa
This service provides SATellite Animation and Interactive Diagnosis (SATAID) application and SATAID data. SATAID enables the visualization and manipulation of satellite imagery, NWP (numerical weather prediction) products, observation results and data. And now JMA released the upgraded version of SATAID and its automatic downloader. The new version of the programs enables you to download 10-minute interval observation of Himawari-8 which will start operation on 7 July 2015.
- To download SATAID data, click on download page for the relevant area: North Central, Northeast, Northwest, South Central, Southeast, Southwest.
- To find out about data specifications, see Data for SATAID.
- To find out about SATAID, see SATAID Application.
- To download the SATAID program, see Download.
- To find out more about using SATAID, see Manual.
- The scope of this service is limited to the Himawari-8 satellite coverage area.
- The service is exclusive to registered users.
To submit operational questions, access the ticket system on the GISC Tokyo Portal. For general administrative matters (e.g., to update contact details), e-mail wis-jma at met.kishou.go.jp.