JMA High-Resolution GSM Data Service
The Japan Meteorological Agency's Global Spectrum Model (GSM) is a global model with a resolution of 0.1875 degrees (approximately 20 km).
This website provides data from JMA's GSM at a resolution of 0.5 degrees (0.25 degrees for surface layers) on an operational basis.
Users can access and retrieve the following forecast outputs:
- Up to 132 hours four times a day (with initial times of 0000, 0600, 1200 and 1800 UTC) within 4 hours of the initial time
- Up to 264 hours twice a day (with an initial time of 0000 and 1200 UTC) within 7 hours of the initial time
For further information, see:
- Tutorial for instructions on downloading data
- Product Information for details of products
- Model Information for a model profile
- Download for access to GSM products in GRIB2 format