Metadata Handling by OAI-PMH
GISC Tokyo supports OAI-PMH (The Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting) Version 2.0 as a primary protocol for metadata handling. OAI-PMH is an XML-based protocol utilizing the HTTP GET method.
GISCs collect metadata from all collaborating WIS centres including other GISCs, DCPCs and NCs. GISC Tokyo runs an OAI-PMH harvester every day for centers with an OAI-PMH provider.
GISC Tokyo has an OAI-PMH provider (server) that disseminates all metadata collected.
- The base URL is https://www.wis-jma.go.jp/meta/oaiprovider.jsp .
- Also provided through https at https://www.wis-jma.go.jp/meta/oaiprovider.jsp .
- Metadata records are classified in OAI sets based on the WIS Centre of origin. Migration from demonstration arrangements to an operational network structure as discussed by WMO is currently being implemented.
- WIS users may wish to download the WIS-CATALOGUE set for access to the entire WIS catalogue.
- Other GISCs are advised to download the WIS-GISC-TOKYO set to avoid duplication with other GISCs.
Current OAI Sets at GISC Tokyo
(placeholder - Sorry- your browser does not support scripting.)